Future of Texas Cyclocross


image
They don't know it yet, but these kids are the future of Texas Cross. This pic is from Sunday at last weekends Outback Cross race. These guys had twizzler hand-ups, gummie bear hand ups, as well as a dollar bill hand up or two. 
image
Quite proud of his dollar bill hand up! 
They completed a single lap of the maze, as they excitingly called it, complete with barriers and a few off camber turns. One of the little guys with the stryder bikes was just short enough that he went under the tape multiple times. In the name of fairness he made sure to go back onto the course right where he came off though. 
The little ones getting over the barriers.
image
The older ones hit it with a bit more speed. 
image
Once everyone had finished a lap, we(the adults) were having so much fun cheering them on and giving them hand-ups that we encouraged them do another lap; for their enjoyment of course. 
I didn't take too many photos, as I was wrapped up in cheering and ringing my cowbell; So much so, that I got asked if one of the kids was mine. Not just yet, but watching the stryder kids running their little legs off and catching kids on pedal bikes definitely makes me look forward to the day when I get to teach my kid how to ride a bike. 
- WPRDFND