Corey Ray at Manor

Day 1
Pretty aggressive start to the race. After not making the initial move I tried many times to go but with no success. Chris Carlson countered a move and I stuck on his wheel. We had a gap with 4.5 laps to go or 50ish miles to go. The gap grew as much as 3 minutes but mostly hovered around 2. We caught one guy who stuck on our wheels as we rotated up to the leader. Once we caught him it was mostly just me and Carlson working. I started doing more and more work as no one in the group had any legs (see pictures). We dropped one guy and now it was down to 3. With 30 miles to go Carlson got a flat. Super bad luck as now it was up to me to do work the whole time, only to question what if. With 2 miles to go I met my doom of the pack as I shot right out the other end. By the end of it, I was hyperventilating and very dehydrated. Velossimo guys put ice in my shirt, gave me gatorade, and got me to catch my breath. Demons of Ghost Town haunted me today.

Photos taken by @jane m bui
Day 2
I wanted revenge. Revenge I did not get. I went from the gun, balls out, until there was an established break. I set up the breakaway which would stick the rest of the day as I missed it. The rest of the day was just following wheels, way easier then the previous day. Ended up in a chase group with 20 miles to go. Got 8th on the day. No regrets, I raced my bike.

Check out Adam Koble's Blog on his journey in the Vuelta Mexico:  http://adamkoble.blogspot.com/